I recently discovered the magic of a Disney Cruise during the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration 2017. We think of Disney Cruises, and all things Disney, as family experiences. I didn’t expect to find so much magic on this trip. After all, I was an adult traveling alone on a Disney Cruise. I regretted not having children with me and really wished I had brought my nieces as I looked at all the families creating amazing memories. There’s so much for families with children, from character meet and greets to pools with slides, movies, and endless buffets. Without children, I discovered that there are also plenty of activities for adult sailors as well. Here are six amazing things adults can do on a Disney Cruise:
1. Dinner at Palo: This fine dining experience is the best food I’ve eaten in a long time. Palo‘s menu is Northern Italian cuisine in a gorgeous setting with amazing views of the ocean around you. I ordered delicious scallops and an amazing chocolate souffle. The wine list is extensive and the service is excellent. The waiter even brought us extra entrees for us to taste. There is a dress code and reservations are required. So worth it!
2. Serenity Bay: At Disney’s Castaway Cay, this port of call is full of activities for the family, but the busy moms I know will love what I found at Serenity Bay. A hammock on the beach, a fruity drink and a good book! There are plenty of places to roam relax. A delicious barbecue lunch completed this amazing day.
3. Castaway 5 K Run: Saturday morning, I ran the 5 K Run, complete with water stations and a nice run around the island. It was a great way to explore the island while enjoying a great workout. I earned a medal, too!
4. The Fitness Center: Have you ever wanted to run on water? The treadmill in the fitness center overlooks the front of the ship. I ran on the treadmill and it was like running on water. Literally. There are state-of-the-art machines as well as yoga, pilates and stretching classes for a variety of workouts.
5. Senses Spa: I’ve had my fair share of massages. But the massage I booked at Senses was the best I’ve ever had! It was 50 minutes of pure ecstasy, followed by time in the complimentary sauna and a wonderful steam shower. The full locker room amenities allowed me to get ready for dinner without rushing and ruining a truly relaxing spa experience. Senses also offers body sculpting boot camps, personal trainers and much more.
6. Broadway Style Shows: Watch Broadway-caliber productions the Walt Disney Theatre. It is home to some of the finest entertainment in the cruise industry—from Disney original musicals to fun-filled variety acts.
At all times and throughout the cruise, service was excellent as only Disney can do it. I enjoyed my adults-only time on this ship, and have a new appreciation for how many activities are available for guests traveling without children. One of the best choices I made? I stayed in one night, ordered in-room dining, and sat on my balcony to watch the sunset.
Filed under: Uncategorized |