The long-awaited unveiling of the new Fantasyland at Walt Disney World is almost here! I was lucky enough to be invited to a preview event and the experiences were fantastic! In what is the largest expansion in the history of the Magic Kingdom, Fantasyland is opening in phases. The new area will be almost double the size of the original Fantasyland, with two new areas; Enchanted Forest opening on November 19th with a grand opening on December 6th and Storybook Circus which is now open. For an overview from Disney, watch this short video:
Beginning in late 2012, you can meet some favorite Disney Characters in Enchanted Forest, where you’ll be immersed in the popular Disney films The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast. Here, you can venture through lush landscapes, discovering roaring waterfalls and royal castles along the way.
Enchanted Forest attractions and experiences include:
- Under the Sea~Journey of the Little Mermaid: Enter Prince Eric’s castle, board a giant clamshell and rock out on this new musical attraction
- Be Our Guest Restaurant: Feast in one of 3 incredible dining rooms in the middle of Beast’s Castle
- Enchanted Tales with Belle: Become part of a lively retelling of the “tale as old as time,” hosted by Belle and Lumière
- Ariel’s Grotto: Take photos and get autographs with everyone’s favorite undersea princess
During my visit to Disney and the new Fantasyland, I recorded a MomTV Online Mommy Party, which was a blast with special guests and lots of pictures and prizes!
Storybook Circus – Now Open
Step right up to the classic American circus! Inspired by the Disney animated feature Dumbo, Storybook Circus transports guests to another era—a period in time when the colorful big-top tents attracted audiences from far and wide with astonishing stunts, majestic animals and spectacular entertainment.
Delight in the following Storybook Circus attractions:
- The Barnstormer: Take to the sky with The Great Goofini on spiraling stunt plane adventure high above the Storybook Circus grounds.
- Dumbo The Flying Elephant: Soar high above Storybook Circus with Dumbo on a ride that puts a new twist on an old favorite—and offers twice the fun!
- Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station: Adjacent to the Fantasyland Train Station and area restrooms is the Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station, a circus-themed water play area where Guests can enjoy cooling refreshment.
- Fantasyland Station: Delight in the newest addition to Walt Disney World Railroad!
With multicolored circus tents, lively characters and other nods to Dumbo— Storybook Circus is designed to make you feel like you’re a part of this cherished film.
Future Fun in New Fantasyland
Beyond 2012, you can look forward to more additions of fun in New Fantasyland, including:
- Princess Fairytale Hall: Scheduled to open in 2013, this elegant royal court is home to Disney princesses who are ready to meet their subjects
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train: Embark on an exhilarating journey inspired by the classic Disney film Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
For the latest updates on New Fantasyland, visit the Disney Parks Blog. For an inside look at all the excitement that awaits, visit Walt Disney: One Man’s Dream at Disney’s Hollywood Studios park, which features a model of New Fantasyland.