For anyone who knows me, you know I love to exercise. To be more precise, I love running. So it’s a privilege to help Primrose Schools promote a fun, fitness-oriented contest called the Family Dance-off. In its second year, the dance competition has many goals and benefits, other than letting families boogie down on camera and win cash prizes by votes. The Family Dance-off calls attention to the childhood obesity crisis in our country and how important exercise is to our children’s health. And what better way to promote exercise in our kids than to exercise with them? Primrose is also giving back to a very worth cause. The winner of the contest can choose a Children’s Miracle Network Hospital in their area that will receive a donation – a big check for $30K. It’s a win-win for everyone. Here’s more information, and I hope to see some funny, funky videos!
Primrose Family Dance-off
Shine your dancing shoes and break out your best moves because the Primrose Family Dance-off is back! Those of you who participated last year know just how much fun it was to keep up your heels and dance your hearts out with your family. Our friends at Primrose Schools can’t wait to crown another round of Family Dance-off champions- and we can’t wait to tell you about it!
With their second annual Family Dance-off, Primrose Schools, the leader in educational child care, is helping to fight the childhood obesity epidemic. They are partnering with Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals to promote physical activity, healthy lifestyle choices and quality family time, things all Moms can get behind! Here’s how you and your family can enter the Primrose Family Dance-off competition:
1. Record a 30-second video of your family’s best dance moves. Don’t be afraid to let loose and be silly!
3. Share your video with your friends via email, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
4. View and vote daily (you can place five votes per day) for your favorite family dance video!
What would a competition be without prizes? Primrose Schools is providing prizes that aren’t only great for your family but for your whole community, with $65,000 in donations to local Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals:
- Grand Prize: $5,000 and Primrose will make a $30,000 donation to a local Children’s Miracle Network Hospital ·
- 2nd Prize: $3,000 and Primrose will make a $20,000 donation to a local Children’s Miracle Network Hospital ·
- 3rd Prize: $1,500 and Primrose will make a $15,000 donation to a local Children’s Miracle Network Hospital.
- All 14 Finalists will also receive a FLIP camcorder
Childhood obesity is a critical issue for young children in America. Dance is a fun, easy way to introduce physical activity into your family’s routine while enjoying quality time together. The Family Dance-off supports Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, a non-profit organization that raises funds for more than 170 children’s hospitals, which collectively treat 17 million children annually for every illness and injury imaginable.
Filed under: Uncategorized |